CMMI stands for Capability Maturity Model Integration, and it is a world-class quality model designed by the US Software Engineering Institute (SEI), which certifies the maturity of application development processes of software factories. GMD obtained this certification because it has implemented a structured set of good practices in their development processes, maintenance and testing of the applications produced and maintained, processes that have been enriched along its experience in multiple services in this area. GMD Certified its services of Development and Maintenance Systems in CMMI Maturity Level 3, in 2007, becoming the first technology company in Peru to obtain this distinction, achievement which enabled to maintain leadership in the country. In 2010, GMD re-certified at Maturity Level 3 the Development and Maintenance services and extended the scope of the certification processes to Testing Services. In April 2013, again re-certified the Development, Maintenance and Testing services, which is valid until April 2016.
The advantages of this certification are:
- Allows providing Applications Outsourcing Services managed by indicators and with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Increase the value of the services provided by GMD, aimed at achieving client objectives, mainly in Time to Market, reducing errors and carrying out the commitments.
- More competitiveness at national and international level.
- Use of best practices and lessons learned to ensure the growth of the organization.
- Motivation of employees as they belong to a company regulated under world-class quality standards.
Currently GMD aims to achieve CMMI Level 5, the highest existing level, certification that has not yet been achieved in the country, however we are sure will be obtained thanks to the efforts and dedication of GMD’s team.
Granted by: European Software Institute (ESI)
Date of last evaluation: 2013
Valid until 2016.